Gluten Free Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken
A crispy healthier chicken dinner recipe. This Gluten Free Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
- 6 pieces chicken
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Soak your chicken in the buttermilk for 30 minutes to one hour.
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
Add the gluten free breadcrumbs and spices to a shallow big bowl and use a whisk to blend the ingredients.
Remove a piece of chicken from the buttermilk and dip it into the breadcrumbs. Press the chicken down and flip it so all of the chicken is coated. Place it in a roasting pan.
Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
Spray the chicken with a mist of light oil.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until your chicken has an internal temperature of 165F degrees.
1. You can use chicken with or without bones. I used bone-in chicken.
2. Baking time will vary depending on the size of your chicken and whether you use bone-in or boneless chicken!
3. You can use rice crumbs (Trader Joe's), gluten free breadcrumbs, or gluten free panko.
Serving: 1gCalories: 218kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 5gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 665mgPotassium: 108mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 145IUCalcium: 115mgIron: 1mg