Slow Cooker Creamy Gluten Free Zuppa Toscana Soup
A delicious slow cooker gluten free zuppa toscana soup with white beans, kale, sausage, and potato.
- 4 ounces pancetta
- 3 cups russet potatoes diced
- 1 package sausage like Aidells 5 links
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cups kale chopped with stem removed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon light oil
- salt and pepper to taste
In a skillet, brown the sausage, onion, and pancetta in oil.
Cook for 5 minutes until the onions are soft.
Add all of the ingredients to your slow cooker.
Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low 6-8 hours.
To make stovetop:
Heat the oil in a soup pot and add the onion, sausage, and pancetta. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, cover, and bring to a boil. Boil for 8 minutes then reduce the heat to simmer and cook 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- You can use leeks or onions in this recipe. I rinsed the cannellini beans before adding to the slow cooker.
- This soup will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 265kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 11gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 318mgPotassium: 551mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 2785IUVitamin C: 35mgCalcium: 140mgIron: 1mg