Instant Pot Gluten Free Chicken Stew
A thick and creamy gluten free chicken stew made in an Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- 2 raw chicken breasts * see note
- 1 ½ cups carrots chopped
- 2 cups potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or light oil
- 2 teaspoons thyme fresh or dried is okay
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons potato starch * see note
Add the oil and onion to your Instant Pot and press the sauté button to pre-cook the onions a bit.
Add in the vegetables, spices, broth, and raw chicken to the Instant Pot.
Close and lock the lid and press the poultry button.
Allow the Instant Pot to depressurize naturally, or do a quick release if you want to eat the stew quicker.
In a small bowl, add ⅓ cup of the liquid from the Instant Pot. Add the potato starch and mix well. Pour back into the stew to thicken the juices.
Enjoy over rice or alone. Top with flat-leaf parsley.
- If you are using a pressure cooker, please follow the settings for your machine. The poultry button on the Instant Pot cooks for 15 minutes.
- You can use any cut of chicken you have on-hand.
- I used potato starch, but you can also use cornstarch, tapioca starch, or arrowroot starch as a thickener.
- Feel free to customize this recipe with any veggies your family loves.
- This stew will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 151kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 17gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 1002mgPotassium: 558mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 5400IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 34mgIron: 1mg