Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Light and fluffy gluten free apple cinnamon muffins. There is also a dairy-free option for this muffin recipe.
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced apples
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients and mix well. Add the apple slices.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix. (See Notes below)
Place liners into the muffin tin and fill each cup about 3/4 full of muffin batter.
Bake for 25 minutes until done. Check at the 20 minute mark by inserting a toothpick into the top of a muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are ready.
Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF, Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend, and Authentic Foods Multi Blend in this recipe. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done baking. If you see batter or crumbs, the muffi need to bake longer.
- The secret to light and fluffy muffins is to just barely mix the batter. If you overmix the batter, your muffins will be more dense.
- If you want your muffins to have a domed style top, bake at 425º F for the first 5 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350º.
Serving: 1gCalories: 189kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 3gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 151mgFiber: 1gSugar: 16g