Gluten Free Lemon Pound Cake
A moist and delicious homemade gluten free lemon pound cake recipe. This recipe gets rave reviews and nobody will know it is gluten free!
- 3 cups gluten free flour blend * see note
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 ⅓ cups milk or non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice depending on how thick you want your icing
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients and mix well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until it is barely mixed. Over mixing can cause the cake to become denser.
Spoon the batter into two greased bread loaf tins. Optional: sprinkle the tops with coarse sugar.
Bake for 45 minutes until done. Check doneness with the toothpick test (see Notes).
Remove from the oven to a cooling rack and allow cooling.
Add the powdered sugar and lemon juice to make the icing. Add the lemon juice slowly until you get the consistency you want. Drizzle the icing over the cake.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
- Other dairy-free kinds of milk will work but I do not recommend canned coconut milk.
- Check the cake doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cake is ready. If there is batter or crumbs on the cake, it needs to bake a little longer.
- This cake will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 225kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 3gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 168mgPotassium: 38mgFiber: 2gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 382IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 42mgIron: 1mg