Gluten Free Coconut Cupcakes
A moist and delicious gluten free coconut cupcake topped with a cream cheese frosting and shredded coconut.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour blend * see note
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk
For Frosting and Decorations
Preheat the oven to 350º F. Set out your butter and cream cheese to ensure they are at room temperature.
In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just barely mixed.
Add cupcake liners to a muffin tin and fill each ¾ full with cupcake batter.
Bake 20-22 minutes until done. Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
Add your butter, cream cheese, and vanilla to a mixer. Whip until creamy. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Add water slowly so your frosting doesn't get too soft.
Use an ice cream scoop to put frosting on each cupcake. Dip the cupcake upsidedown into the shredded coconut to top each.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend in this recipe. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- Don't over-mix your cupcake batter, it will make your cupcakes denser.
- To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the donut. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done baking. If you see batter or crumbs, the donuts need to bake longer.
- These cupcakes will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 525kcalCarbohydrates: 76gProtein: 5gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 170mgPotassium: 153mgFiber: 3gSugar: 62gVitamin A: 530IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 55mgIron: 2mg