Ground Pork Pasta Sauce
A hearty, homemade ground pork pasta sauce your whole family will love.
- 1 pound raw ground pork * see note
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes unsalted
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon light oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- optional crushed red peppers
In a pot, add the oil and onion and cook until the onions become translucent about 3-4 minutes.
Add the raw ground pork and spices.
Cook on medium heat, breaking up the pork into pieces until the pork is browned.
Add in the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, cover the pot, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve over gluten free pasta or zucchini zoodles.
- You can use any ground meat in this recipe if you can't find ground pork.
- These tips for cooking gluten free pasta help you avoid mushy pasta.
- This pasta sauce will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 258kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 15gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 597mgPotassium: 373mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 130IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 93mgIron: 2mg