Gluten Free Sub
A gluten free meatball sub sandwich, aka meatball grinder.
- 1 pound gluten free meatballs frozen or raw made from scratch
- 32 ounces pasta sauce about 2 jars
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- gluten free baguette
Stovetop method: In a large pot, add the sauce and either raw or frozen meatballs. Mix gently to cover the meatballs in sauce. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer and allow to slowly cook for 45 minutes.
Slow cooker method: Add the sauce and meatballs to a slow cooker. Mix gently to cover the meatballs in sauce. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-5 hours.
Take a gluten free baguette and slice down the length of the bagette. Cut it into 3 pieces keeping the tops and bottoms together.
Fill each piece of baguette with 3 meatballs. Top with extra sauce, parmesan cheese, and sprinkle fresh basil on top.
Optional: add a slice of mozzarella cheese to each sub on top of the meatalls. Cook under a broiler for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
1. You can use fresh raw homemade meatballs, or store-bought frozen meatballs. Just make sure the package indicates they are gluten free.
2. Use homemade pasta sauce, or use your favorite gluten free jarred sauce.
3. My favorite gluten free baguettes are Against All Grain (in the freezer section at your grocery store) or Schar (on the shelf in either a gluten free section or in the bread section depending on the store.)
Serving: 1gCalories: 703kcalCarbohydrates: 72gProtein: 31gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 1509mgFiber: 9gSugar: 21g