Gluten Free Biscotti
If you love biscotti, this crunchy gluten free biscotti is one of the best recipes! It is perfect to serve with a cup of coffee, tea, or enjoy it as a snack.
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend * see note
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 4 tablespoons butter melted (**see note)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- optional chocolate chips and/or nuts
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients and mix well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and add the chocolate chips and mix.
Put parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
Add the dough and press down the dough into a circle about 1 inch thick.
Use a knife to make slash cuts for slices on the dough.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and use a knife to cut the biscotti all the way through along the lines.
Tilt each biscotti slice on its side and bake 10 minutes.
Flip the biscotti over and bake 10 minutes on the other side.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF, Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend, and Authentic Foods Multi Blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- If you use Nameste gluten free flour blend or another higher starch blend, you will need to add 2 tablespoons of butter.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
- This gluten free biscotti will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 190kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 3gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 78mgPotassium: 81mgFiber: 2gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 273IUCalcium: 49mgIron: 1mg