Gluten Free Noodle Kugel
A sweet creamy gluten free noodle kugel for Rosh Hashana or any special occassion.
- 4 cups gluten free pasta I used Jovial brand
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream full fat
- 8 ounces cream cheese full fat
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ¼ cup orange juice I used a large mandarin orange
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex Cereal
Cook the pasta according to package directions (see note)
Preheat the oven to 325º F.
In a standing mixer or large bowl, add the eggs, sour cream, cream cheese, orange juice and zest, vanilla, salt, sugar, and heavy cream. Mix until creamy.
Add the noodles to the cheese mixture and mix to coat all of the noodles.
Pour the noodles into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
Put the Cinnamon Chex cereal into a large Ziplock bag and crush into crumbs.
Sprinkle the cereal mix over the kugel and put the dish into the oven.
Bake for 30 minutes.
- Every gluten free pasta brand has different cooking directions so please use the cook times listed on the box.
- Use full-fat sour cream and cream cheese. It will make the custard creamier.
- If you do not have Cinnamon Chex Cereal, you can use any sweet topping. You can make a streusel topping, use toasted coconut, or use another fun sweet crushed cereal.
- This kugel will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 10gCalories: 360kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 8gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 324mgPotassium: 158mgFiber: 2gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 873IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 93mgIron: 5mg