Easy Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
A quick and easy tutorial how to make gluten free bread crumbs and panko style bread crumbs. Optional flavor options.
- 8 slices gluten free bread * see note
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Spread out the bread slices on a parchment papepr lined baking sheet and bake at 325º F for 10 minutes.
Turn the bread over and bake an additional 5 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow to cool.
Tear up the bread in large chunks and add them to a food processor.
Add optional spices.
Pulse grind the bread until you get the desired size or texture of bread crumbs or panko.
- You can use any gluten free bread you like but I do not advise flavored bread like cinnamon raisin.
- You can bake to dry your bread, or let it sit out for a day until the bread is hardened.
- If you don't have a food processor, when the bread is hard you can put it into a sealed bag and smash, roll, grind it with a rolling pin.
- These bread crumbs will keep up to 1 ½ weeks in the pantry or 4 weeks in the refrigerator if stored in an air-tight container.
Serving: 1gCalories: 125kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 2gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 542mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 101IUCalcium: 54mgIron: 1mg