Roasted Maple Carrots
A kid-friendly homemade roasted maple carrots recipe. With a hint of fresh ginger, the flavors all caramelize into the carrots while they roast.
- 3 cups raw carrots
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger fresh is best
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
Add small whole carrots or cut carrot slices to a large bowl.
Melt the butter in the microwave with the maple syrup for 15 seconds. Drizzle over the carrots.
Add the freshly grated ginger and salt. Mix well to coat.
Place the carrots on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake 20-25 minutes. Time to bake will depend on size of the carrots, and if you are baking them whole or chopped.
- You can use mini peeled whole carrots, whole carrots, or slice your carrots. I like to slice them on the diagonal.
- If you can't find fresh ginger, you can use ¼ teaspoon powdered ground ginger. I recommend adding powdered ginger to the syrup and butter when warming them in the microwave.
- When baking, make sure the carrots are not on top of each other on the pan. They will caramelize better if they are single file on the baking sheet.
Serving: 1gCalories: 137kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 1gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 166mgPotassium: 368mgFiber: 3gSugar: 21gVitamin A: 16125IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 61mgIron: 1mg