Gluten Free Red Velvet Cookies
Delicious homemade gluten free red velvet sugar cookies. Perfect for Valentine's Day, or any time you are craving sugar cookies.
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free flour blend * see note
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 10 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 20 drops red food coloring
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients and mix well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix into cookie dough.
Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
Place the cookie dough on a piece of wax paper. Cover with another piece of wax paper and use a rolling pin to roll the dough to ½ inch thickness.
Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut shapes in the dough. Place each cookie onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes and allow the cookies to cool.
Melt white chocolate and drizzle over the cookies, or dust with powdered sugar.
- This red velvet cookie recipe will work with most gluten free flour blends. Do NOT use any flour blend with bean flours or your cookies will turn out bitter.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
- These cookies will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
- If you prefer not to use food dye, you can add 1 tablespoon beetroot powder to the dry ingredients.
Serving: 1gCalories: 185kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 2gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 128mgPotassium: 43mgFiber: 2gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 375IUCalcium: 20mgIron: 1mg