Gluten Free Egg Roll In A Bowl
This is a quick and easy gluten free egg roll in a bowl recipe. Use any ground meat, even vegan meat to make this delicious dinner recipe. Dinner is ready in under 30 minutes!
- 1 pound ground beef * see note
- 3 cups green cabbage sliced thinly
- ⅓ cup onion or leek, sliced thinly
- ⅓ cup carrots shredded or thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup bell pepper sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon light cooking oil * see note
- ½ teaspoon salt to taste
For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup gluten free soy sauce * see note
- 3 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- crushed red peppers * optional
Cut the cabbage and any vegetables you like thinly. Shred the carrot with a grater.
In an extra large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
Add the ground meat, garlic, and onion. Cook until the meat is mostly browned.
Add the cabbage and veggies and cook about 5 minutes until the vegetables are beginning to soften.
In a small bowl, add the sauce ingredients and whisk to blend.
Pour the sauce over the vegetables and mix well. Cover and cook 5-8 additional minutes until the vegetables are soft.
Serve hot over rice, or by itself. If you like some spice, add sriraracha and jalapeños.
- Use any ground meat you enjoy. Ground turkey, ground chicken, or vegan meat like Impossible Burger. You can also use shrimp!
- Be sure to use a light cooking oil that is good for cooking. Do not use olive oil as it will get rancid cooking.
- If you can't find gluten free soy sauce, use tamari or coconut aminos. I prefer low sodium, but you can use any you like.
- Add in any vegetables you like. I often add broccoli and zucchini as well.
- This recipe does not freeze well because it turns to mush when it is thawed.
- This delicious egg roll in a bowl will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Serving: 1gCalories: 439kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 24gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 1949mgPotassium: 544mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 2224IUVitamin C: 37mgCalcium: 59mgIron: 3mg