Gluten Free Sourdough Discard Crackers
Crispy delicious gluten free sourdough discard crackers. These crackers are full of herbs and seeds!
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend * see note
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme * see note
- 1 cup sourdough discard
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for brushing over the crackers
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
In a large bowl, add the flour, seeds, herbs, and salt. Mix well.
Add the sourdough starter and melted butter and mix well.
Wrap your dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.
Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place on parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough. Make it thin so your crackers turn out crispy! Loo
Use a pizza wheel or sharp knife to cut out the cracker shapes.
Brush the top of the crackers with olive oil. Optional dust the tops of the crackers with coarse salt.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the crackers are crispy.
- I used ½ cup gluten free flour blend and ½ cup corn flour. You can use any gluten free flours that equal a cup, depending on the flavor you want your crackers to be.
- Use any seeds/herbs/cheeses in this cracker base recipe. Here are some of my favorites: Cheddar or parmesan cheese, seeds like chia or flaxseed, or everything bagel seasoning
- These crackers will keep up to one week in an air-tight container.
Serving: 1gCalories: 197kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 4gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 197mgPotassium: 42mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 196IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 44mgIron: 2mg