Gluten Free Cheddar Biscuits
This deliciously easy gluten free cheddar biscuits recipe is going to become a family favorite. Full of those flaky layers, they are a great Red Lobster Old Bay Biscuits recipe.
- 2 ¾ cups gluten free flour blend * see note
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk for brushing over the biscuits
Preheat the oven to 400º F
In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
Add the cold butter and use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the flour. When you are done it will look like there are pebbles in the flour.
Pour the milk into the bowl and mix into a dough ball.
Place a piece of wax paper down and put the dough ball on it. Feel free to dust the dough with a little gluten free flour.
Press the dough to 1 ½ to 2 inches thick. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out biscuit shapes. Do not twist the biscuit cutter when pulling it out of the dough.
Place the biscuits onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Brush the top of each biscuit with milk. This will help the tops get golden.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are slightly golden. Actual time may vary depending on the size of your biscuits.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter, use non-dairy milk, and use a vegan cheese that melts like VioLife.
- I used full-fat milk, but 2% will also work well.
- These biscuits will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1biscuitCalories: 268kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 7gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 285mgPotassium: 143mgFiber: 4gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 449IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 161mgIron: 1mg