Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
Fluffy gluten free chocolate chip muffins that are also vegan! They make a delicious breakfast or snack!
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free flour blend * see note
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons aluminum free baking powder * see note
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup non-dairy milk * see note
- ¼ cup avocado oil or another light oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons egg replacer * see note
- ½ cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 425º F.
In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients including egg replacer and whisk to blend.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, add the chocolate chips, and mix until just barely mixed. If you over mix your batter, your muffins will be dense. (Do not use a standing mixer.)
Line a muffin tin with muffin paper liners. Fill each ¾ full with the vegan muffin batter.
Place in the oven and bake on 425º F for 5 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350º F for the rest of baking. This elevated heat will help make a dome top on your muffins.
Bake for 22 minutes and remove to cool on a rack.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- I used almond milk but other dairy-free kinds of milk will work but I do not recommend canned coconut milk.
- I used a liquid egg replacer called Just Egg. You can also make a liquid egg replacer with Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer Powder. (Follow the bag instructions.)
- To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done baking. If you see batter or crumbs, the muffins need to bake longer.
- These muffins will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1muffinCalories: 185kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 4gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 101mgPotassium: 40mgFiber: 1gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 76IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 77mgIron: 1mg