Easy Walking Tacos Bar
A quick and easy walking tacos bar that is perfect for any gathering. I include my homemade chimichurri sauce recipe as it goes perfectly with these gluten free tacos.
- 1 poun ground beef * see note
- 1 packet Pioneer Gluten Free Taco Seasoning Mix * see note
- ½ cup tomatoes freshly diced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños
- ½ cup onion diced
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- ½ cup salsa
- 12 ounces tortilla chips
- 7 tomatillos dry paper skin removed
- 1 jalapeño * see note
- ¼ cup cilantro fresh
- 1 clove garlic large or 2 small
- 1 lime juiced. Roughly 1 ½ TBSP of lime juice
- 2 teaspoons avocado or light oil
- salt and pepper to taste
In a skillet, brown your meat over medium heat.
Add the taco seasoning mix and ¾ cup water to the browned meat. Turn the heat down to simmer and cover. Cook 5 minutes.
Get all of the taco bar fixings ready and put them into bowls.
- Note you can use ground beef, turkey, chicken, bison, pork, or vegan meat in this recipe. If you are keeping this low-fat, use ground turkey or chicken.
- If you are gluten free, be sure to use Pioneer's certified gluten free taco mix! Not all spice mixes are gluten free so you want to make sure to stay safe and use Pioneer.
- You can use any red salsa brand you like.
- Tortilla chips - most are gluten free, but some do have wheat flour so always read the label of the bag!
- These tacos are great to make ahead. The taco meat will keep fresh in an air-tight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days. You can also freeze the cooked taco meat and thaw in the microwave oven.
Serving: 1tacoCalories: 375kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 8gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 1019mgPotassium: 417mgFiber: 6gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1175IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 190mgIron: 2mg