Padron Pepper Chili
A delicious hearty chili made with ground meat, vegetables, and spices. It is ready in just 30 minutes.
- 1 pound ground beef * see note
- ½ cup onion chopped
- ⅓ cup padron peppers chopped, seeds removed
- ½ cup corn kernels * see note
- ⅓ cup zucchini chopped
- 15 ounces kidney beans * see note
- 1 tablespoon light oil
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper optional
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red peppers optional
In a large skillet or pan, add the oil and onion to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
Add in the meat and vegetables and cook until the meat is browned.
Pour in the diced tomatoes and seasonings and mix.
Rinse the kidney beans in a colander and add to the pan. Mix again.
Cover and reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer for 15 minutes
Serve garnished with any of these: sour cream, cheddar cheese, scallions, chives, chopped red onion, and/or fresh cilantro. I like to add crushed tortilla chips too.
- You can use any ground meat in this chili recipe. Ground beef, chicken, turkey, pork, bison, or even vegan meat.
- Feel free to use fresh, frozen, or drained canned corn kernels.
- This homemade chili will taste great with kidney, pinto, or black beans. Just be sure to drain and rinse the canned beans first.
- This chili can be stored in an air-tight container and it will keep fresh up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- You can freeze this chili and it will keep in the freezer up to 4 months.
Serving: 1gCalories: 346kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 21gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 493mgPotassium: 765mgFiber: 8gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 992IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 78mgIron: 5mg