Gluten Free Granola Bars
These delicious homemade granola bars are fully customizable so you can use the ingredients you like. Healthy gluten free granola bars never tasted so good!
- 1 cup cashew butter * see note
- ⅔ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups gluten free rolled oats * see note
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans or other nuts
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup sesame seed
- ¼ cup pepitas or other seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup raisins
Add all of the oats and seeds to a large bowl and whisk to blend.
Warm the cashew butter, butter, and honey in a glass container for 15-20 seconds.
Mix until the wet ingredients are smooth and blended.
Pour the nut butter mixture over the oats mixture and mix well.
Dump the mixture onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
Use a large spoon or flat bottom glass to press the mixture flat.
Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- It is critical to use certified gluten free oats if you are Celiac. Cross-contamination runs high in regular oats.
- You can use peanut butter, cashew butter, or Sunbutter.
- These granola bars will keep up to 5 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1barCalories: 240kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 5gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 70mgPotassium: 201mgFiber: 3gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 2IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 44mgIron: 2mg