DIY Gluten Free Stuffing Mix
A quick and easy budget way to make DIY gluten free stuffing mix from scratch!
- 5 cups gluten free bread cubes * see note
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
Preheat the oven to 325º F.
On a cutting board, cut the bread into small cubes and place them in a large bowl.
Add the olive oil to the bowl (or another light oil) and toss to coat.
Sprinkle the dried herbs and salt over the stuffing cubes and mix well.
Lay the cubes out on a large baking sheet so that none are on top of each other.
Bake for 8 minutes then stir the cubes so more sides get toasted. Bake another 8 minutes and remove from the oven.
Allow the cubes to cool then put them into an air-tight container.
- Many ask what is the best gluten free bread to use in this stuffing cubes recipe. I tend to use gluten free white bread for stuffing cubes because they are the most neutral in flavor.
- Store this gluten free stuffing mix in an air-tight container. I love using mason jars, but you can use any container or even a zip-style zipper bag.
- These are easy to freeze. Just pop them into a freezer-safe zip-style bag and put them into the freezer.
- These stuffing cubes should keep fresh for up to 2 weeks. If you are making ahead longer, you should freeze your cubes.
How to make stuffing with this stuffing mix:
You can use these bread cubes to make any kind of stuffing or dressing! Here are three delicious gluten free stuffing recipes!
Serving: 1gCalories: 419kcalCarbohydrates: 64gProtein: 6gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 722mgPotassium: 5mgFiber: 3gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 327IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 166mgIron: 1mg