Gluten Free Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
A sweet and tangy homemade gluten free strawberry rhubarb crisp recipe.
- 4 cups strawberries * see note
- ½ cup rhubarb * see note
- 3 tablespoons sugar divided
- ¼ cup water
Preheat the oven to 375º F and set the oven rack to the middle position.
Slice the rhubarb into thin slices. If your rhubarb is very tough, you may want to slice off the thick outside.
NOTE: You only need to do this if your rhubarb is on the green unripe side. In a small pan, heat the rhubarb with the water and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Cook for 5-8 minutes.
Wash your strawberries and remove the tops. Slice them in half and put them into a large bowl. Add the rhubarb.
Add 2 tablespoon of sugar to the strawberries and rhubarb and toss to coat them all. Pour the strawberry mixture into a greased 8x8 baking dish or small casserole dish.
In a large mixing bowl, add the crust ingredients and mix well. Melt the butter and toss in the crust mixture.
Pour the crust mixture over the strawberries and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Use fresh or frozen strawberries. If using frozen, allow the strawberries to thaw and drain some of the juice off so the crisp isn't too soggy.
- If you are celiac, it is critical to use certified gluten free oats. Use rolled oats, not quick cook.
- You can use any gluten free flour blend for this recipe.
- This gluten free strawberry rhubarb crisp will keep fresh for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 203kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 4gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 5mgPotassium: 195mgFiber: 4gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 170IUVitamin C: 38mgCalcium: 38mgIron: 1mg