Country Hamburger Vegetable Soup
Easy family friendly country hamburger vegetable soup
- 15 ounce vegetable broth I used a box of Trader Joe's broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound grass fed organic ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 large carrots diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 4 Jimmy Nardello pepper or 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups green beans chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 large potatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large soup pot, brown ground beef with onion.
When beef is cooked, add other vegetables and cook for 10 minutes.
Pour in broth and water.
Cover and boil for 15 minutes.
Lower heat and simmer another 20-30 minutes so flavors can cook in.
Serve with shredded cheese on top (optional)
Serving: 1gCalories: 381kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 27gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 1125mgFiber: 7gSugar: 8g