Giant Gluten Free Pumpkin Skillet Cookie
A delicious giant gluten free pumpkin cookie that is cooked in a cast iron skillet.
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend *see note
- ½ cup brown sugar you can also use coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree *see note
- ½ cup butter melted
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
Grease your cast-iron skillet with butter.
In a large bowl, mix in all dry ingredients. Whisk to blend.
In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together to make a pumpkin cookie dough.
Pour batter into cast iron skillet.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until done. To test if the cookie is done, carefully touch the top of the cookie. If it is firm to the touch, your cookie is done.
Allow the cookie to cool and drizzle with icing, caramel, or even top with ice cream.
- If you do not have a cast-iron pan, and you want a large cookie, you can bake in a pie tin.
- I have tested this recipe with Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend and Authentic Foods Multi Blend in this recipe. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
- This cookie will keep up to 3 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
- Top with ice cream, an icing glaze, or frosting.
Serving: 1gCalories: 301kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 4gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 162mgPotassium: 133mgFiber: 3gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 2141IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 78mgIron: 1mg