Paleo Breakfast Muffins
Easy delicious paleo carrot muffins are dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar-free, and full of delicious healthy ingredients.
- 1 cup almond flour * see note
- ⅓ cup coconut flour * see note
- ⅓ cup arrowroot starch
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large carrots shredded
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ cup chopped nuts optional
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients and shredded carrots. Mix well.
In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
Pour in wet ingredients and mix very gently. Allow the batter to sit for 10 minutes to fully absorb the liquid.
Line a cupcake tin with paper liners and fill each one ¾ with the batter.
Bake 25 minutes, or until done. Insert a toothpick into a muffin. If the toothpick comes back clean, the muffins are done baking. If you see batter or crumbs, they will need to bake longer.
Remove from the oven and place onto a cooling rack.
- I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your muffins grainy.
- Coconut flour needs a lot of moisture. Way more than any other gluten free flour.
- If you want your muffins to have a domed style top, bake at 425º F for the first 5 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350.
- These muffins will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 220kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 5gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 60mgPotassium: 111mgFiber: 3gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 1759IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 55mgIron: 1mg