Vegan Buddha Bowls
Everyone is going to love these healthy Vegan Buddha Bowls. They are easy to customize with in-season vegetables so you can enjoy them all year long!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa * see note
- 2 bok choy
- ⅓ cup asparagus
- 2 tablespoons raw pecans
- ½ cup bell pepper orange, red, or yellow sliced
- 3 tablespoons radishes sliced
- ¼ cup avocado sliced
- ¼ cup purple cabbage
- ⅓ cup kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinager
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt/pepper to taste
Cook quinoa according to package directions and allow to cool.
Preheat the grill.
Rub asparagus and bok choy with olive oil and dust with salt. Put into grill basket.
Grill the bok choy and asparagus until they are soft but firm.
Heat a small skillet and add the pine nuts. Toss frequently to toast. Remove from the skillet and allow to cool.
Add 1 cup cooked quinoa and the vegetables to each bowl. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Mix the oil, minced garlic, and vinegar in a small container. Pour the dressing over the Buddha bowl and enjoy!
This is a recipe with lots of options. Here are easy swaps to customize your bowl:
- You can use any color of quinoa or another grain like buckwheat, millet, or rice.
- Use any vegetables you have on-hand. This is a great way to avoid food waste.
- I used kidney beans but you can use any legume. Having a grain and a legume help to make a complete protein.
- Add tofu if you would like your Buddha bowls to have more protein.
Serving: 1gCalories: 528kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 23gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 573mgPotassium: 2807mgFiber: 18gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 39018IUVitamin C: 439mgCalcium: 924mgIron: 11mg