Gluten Free German Apple Cake
This delicious cake was an old family recipe that I converted to gluten free. If you love apples, you need to try this Gluten Free German Apple Cake recipe.
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend * see note
- ¾ cup coconut sugar * see note
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For Apple Mixture
- 2 apples (peel removed and sliced)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
Preheat the oven to 350º F
Peel and slice apples into thin slices.
In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
In a smaller bowl add the wet ingredients and mix well.
In a third bowl, add apples, ¼ cup coconut sugar and cinnamon. Toss to coat.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
Spray an 8x8 pan with coconut oil. Add the batter and spread it out.
Add the apple slices on top of the batter and press gently into the cake batter.
Bake for 40 minutes until done.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- You can use regular sugar instead of coconut sugar in the cake for a light colored cake.
- This cake will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 244kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 3gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 50mgPotassium: 102mgFiber: 2gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 75IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 38mgIron: 1mg