Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
These delicious gluten free chocolate chip cookies are one of the best gluten free cookies ever!
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free flour blend * see note
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs large
- ½ cup butter + 1 TBSP softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
In a large bowl, add your dry ingredients and whisk well.
In a smaller bowl, add your wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, add the chips and walnuts and mix well.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (if you don't have a non-stick cookie sheet) and use a cookie scoop to drop cookie balls onto the cookie sheet.
The cookies will spread so leave an inch or two between each cookie.
Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove to cool on a cooling rack when done baking.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend in this recipe. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn't contain Xanthan Gum, add 1 teaspoon.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
- You can easily make monster-sized cookies for ice cream sandwiches. Bake an additional 5 minutes for larger cookies.
- These cookies will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 139kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 2gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 74mgPotassium: 46mgFiber: 1gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 176IUCalcium: 31mgIron: 1mg