Gluten Free Marinara Sauce
An easy homemade gluten free marinara sauce recipe that is full of Italian flavor.
- 2 garlic cloves smashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 30 ounces organic tomato sauce 2 cans, see note
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked gluten free pasta
- Optional: leeks or onion
Add garlic and saute until golden. (If you choose to use optional onion or leeks, add these now and cook with the garlic.)
Add fresh basil and saute another 2 minutes.
Add tomato sauce, capers, oregano, salt, and pepper.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer the sauce for 15-20 minutes.
Toss with cooked gluten free pasta and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- I recommend using tomato sauce that has no additional seasonings.
- You can easily double this recipe, then freeze some of it so that you have pasta sauce on-hand at any time.
- This is a recipe that gets better as it is in the refrigerator.
- This sauce will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 58kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 2gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 817mgPotassium: 469mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 649IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 26mgIron: 2mg