Chef Nagano’s Gluten Free Black Sesame Banana Bread
Easy gluten free banana bread with black sesame seeds
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- ⅓ cup olive oil or light oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups brown rice flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- ¾ cup milk or dairy free substitute (I used almond milk)
- ¼ cup black sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 325º F.
Grease a bread loaf pan.
Mix all of the wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk to blend.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
Do not over mix.
Pour into loaf pan.
Bake for 45-50 minutes until done in the center.
- If you can't have sesame, omit the sesame seeds.
- This recipe calls for brown rice flour. Do NOT substitute with white rice flour or another flour or it can turn out gummy in the middle.
- Other dairy-free kinds of milk will work but I do not recommend canned coconut milk.
- To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done baking. If you see batter or crumbs, the bread needs to bake longer.
- This banana bread will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 234kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 4gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 81mgPotassium: 208mgFiber: 2gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 85IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 91mgIron: 1mg