If you love banana bread, this fun dairy-free and gluten free banana loaf cake with black sesame will be fun to make. Moist and delicious, this gluten free banana loaf cake recipe is bursting with banana flavor.
Do you love banana bread made with ripe sweet bananas? This simple gluten-free banana loaf cake is moist and delicious, like your favorite banana bread!
I have a fun gluten-free and dairy-free banana bread recipe to share with you from Chef Nagano of Skool Restaurant in San Francisco.
Your family is going to love how moist this gluten-free banana loaf cake with black sesame recipe turns out!
Black Sesame Seeds
This banana bread has a surprise Japanese flavor twist because I added ground black sesame seeds. Black sesame seeds are incredibly nutritious.
- They are high in protein, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. Black sesame seeds are not hulled, so they not only have more flavor, but they are also higher in fiber than white sesame seeds.
- Black sesame seeds are not hulled, so they not only have more flavor, but they are also higher in fiber than white sesame seeds.
- In Japan, black sesame seeds are added to salads, sushi, and baked goods. I really like the nutty flavor they add to this banana bread recipe, and I hope you do as well.
You can find these ground black sesame seeds at many grocery stores. I found these at our local Japanese market in West San Jose, Mitsuwa.
(I also bought whole black sesame seeds to experiment with. They seem like an excellent way to sneak protein into my baking.)
How to Ripen Bananas for this gluten free banana bread
The star of this recipe is super ripe bananas. If your bananas are not quite ripe, you can try some of these hacks:
- Heat the bananas in the oven at 300 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Place the bananas in a brown paper bag and close the bag. Check in 24-48 hours
- Sometimes you can ask in the produce department for over-ripe bananas. They often have some in the back!
Tips and Substitutions for making this easy gluten-free banana bread recipe:
- DO NOT substitute sweet white rice in this recipe or it will turn out very gummy in the middle.
- If you can’t eat sesame, feel free to omit the seeds.
- You can substitute flax seeds (whole) for the sesame seeds
More Delicious Gluten Free Bread Recipes to Try:
- Gluten Free Cranberry Bread with Chocolate Chips
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls with Peanut Butter Glaze
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
Tools You Need To Make This Recipe:
- A bread loaf pan.
- The best rice flour. Certified gluten-free and milled super finely so your bread has no gritty taste.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup milk or dairy free substitute, (I used almond milk)
- 1/4 cup ground black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 4x8 loaf pan.
- Mix group A together in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix group B together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour group A into group B bowl and blend.
- Add group C ingredients and blend. Do not over mix.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until done in the center.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 34mg Sodium: 79mg Carbohydrates: 27g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Protein: 3g