Gluten Free Candied Ginger White Chocolate Biscotti
Crunchy gluten free candied ginger and white chocolate biscotti. This holiday biscotti goes beautifully with a cup of coffee or tea.
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend * see note
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- ¼ cup chopped candied ginger
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips for mixing into batter
- ¼ cup optional white chocolate chips to melt for drizzle
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
In a bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk to blend. (If your gluten free flour blend doesn't contain xanthan gum, add ½ teaspoon.)
In a smaller bowl, add wet ingredients and mix well.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Add ginger and chips and mix well.
Put the dough onto parchment paper and press to an oval about 1 inch thickness.
Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven. Cut the slices and turn each onto its side. Bake another 10-15 minutes until the biscotti are hard.
*optional, drizzle melted white chocolate on top.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF, Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend, and Authentic Foods Multi Blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
- These biscotti will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
- Feel free to use any mix-ins you like. This is a great gluten free biscotti base recipe so have fun with it.
Serving: 1gCalories: 185kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 3gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 64mgPotassium: 74mgFiber: 2gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 205IUCalcium: 48mgIron: 1mg