Stuffed Pasilla Peppers
Delicious stuffed pasilla peppers make a great dinner. Easy to make ahead and freeze.
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 3-4 in pasilla peppers tops and seeds removed, cut in half lengthwise
- ⅓ cup onions sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 14 ounce can corn drained
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375º F.
Spray non stick oil in a casserole dish.
In a large pan, cook ground beef and spring onions.
Cook until meat is cooked thoroughly.
Season with salt, chili powder, cumin, and pepper.
Add diced tomatoes and simmer.
Place pasilla peppers in casserole dish.
Fill each pepper with meat mixture.
Top with corn and Mexican cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Top with fresh cilantro.
*optional sour cream
- You can use any ground meat including beef, turkey, chicken, pork, or even vegan meat!
- Although shredded cheese is usually gluten free, it is good to always check the label.
Serving: 1gCalories: 484kcalCarbohydrates: 64gProtein: 29gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 877mgPotassium: 572mgFiber: 1gSugar: 57gVitamin A: 361IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 163mgIron: 4mg