Herb Roasted Chicken
A deliciously easy roasted herb chicken with tangerine slices. The whole family will love this flavorful chicken dinner.
- 4 pound whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tangerine sliced
Preheat the oven to 375º F.
Add chopped herbs, melted butter, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
Make small cuts to open the skin under the chicken breast. (You can also do this for the legs if you like.)
Stuff some butter herb mixture in both and rub along under the skin. Rub the extra all over the outside of the chicken.
Slice the tangerine and add slices under the skin.
Bake for one hour, or until the meat registers 165º F with a meat thermometer.
- You can use any size whole chicken, just note a larger chicken will take longer to bake.
- You can use fresh herbs or dried, I definitely think the fresh herbs add a lot more flavor.
- Bake in a 12-inch cast-iron pan, a roasting pan, or a 9x13 pan.
- To make gravy, add your pan drippings to a saucepan. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and some leftover herbs. Simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes. Put 2 tablespoons potato starch or tapioca starch into a small bowl, add 1/4 cup of the gravy, and whisk. Pour it into the gravy pot and whisk.
- Serve hot.
- This herb-roasted chicken will keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator, or put in a ziplock freezer bag and freeze it. It will keep up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 376kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 27gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 540mgPotassium: 312mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 564IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 2mg