Kuri Squash Soup
A simple kuri squash soup recipe
- 1 large kuri squash
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon grade B maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
In a large soup pot, heat olive oil and butter on medium heat.
Add diced onion and minced garlic.
Cook until softened.
Scoop squash out of rind and add to the pot.
Add all other ingredients except tapioca starch.
Using an Immersion Hand Blender Blend the soup until all pieces of vegetable are pureed.
Bring to a boil.
Turn down to simmer. Whisk in tapioca starch.
Continue to simmer for another 15 minutes.
How to roast a kuri squash:
- If you can't find kuri squash, you can substitute acorn, butternut, or kabocha squash to make this recipe.
- You can use any type of dairy-free milk or regular milk in this recipe.
- This soup will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
- The first step to making a soup is to roast the squash.
- Roasting the squash is what gives this soup an almost caramelized flavor.
- Cut it in half and brushed the flesh with olive oil.
- Placed it skin side up and roasted it for 30 minutes in our convection toaster oven.
Serving: 1gCalories: 270kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 4gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 623mgPotassium: 1059mgFiber: 4gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 3215IUVitamin C: 41mgCalcium: 105mgIron: 3mg