Homemade paleo granola
Easy grain-free granola recipe that the whole family will love. This homemade granola is also paleo because it uses unrefined sweetener.
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ⅓ cup hemp seeds
- ⅓ cup almond slices
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons whole flax seeds
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- ⅓ cup maple syrup add more if you like sweeter granola
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon optional
In a large bowl, add all of the nuts, seeds, and shredded coconut. Mix well.
Preheat the oven to 325º F.
In a small bowl add melted coconut oil and maple syrup and whisk to blend.
Pour the wet ingredients into the seed nut blend and mix well.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour the granola mixture on it. Use a spoon to spread out the granola so that it covers the whole cookie sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and stir the granola. Spread it over the cookie sheet again.
Bake an additional 5-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- You can customize this recipe quite a bit by using any nuts, seeds, and dried fruit you have on-hand.
- Vary the sweetness level by adjusting the maple syrup amount.
- This homemade grain-free granola is delicious for breakfast, or use it to top your yogurt or ice cream!
Serving: 1ounceCalories: 143kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 4gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 8mgPotassium: 98mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 17IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 39mgIron: 1mg