Instant Pot Chicken Soup
My grandmother's homemade chicken soup recipe, made in an Instant Pot. Easy step by step directions so you can enjoy this cold and flu busting soup!
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken *You want to use chicken with the bone, but if you have deboned chicken, that is okay too
- 5 carrots chopped, *You can use a combination of carrots and parsnips
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 quart chicken broth
- water to get to fill line
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Add all vegetables and a whole chicken to the Instant Pot.
Add seasonings and chicken broth. Add water the rest of the way to the fill line.
Close the Instant Pot. Choose Soup/Broth and extra time (it should read 40 minutes!)
When the Instant Pot is done, do NOT just open the instant pot. You need to let the Instant Pot depressurize according to the directions.
Serve hot. Optional add rice or gluten free noodles.
1. Note, you can make this chicken soup in a pot by following my Grandma's chicken soup recipe.
2. The real benefit to this soup is using the bones so the nutrients can cook into this soup. You can use boneless chicken, you just won't get the same depth of flavors and nutrients.
Serving: 1gCalories: 271kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 27gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 1098mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3g