Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
Light and fluffy gluten free blueberry muffins
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F.
2. In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
3. In a small bowl, add wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
4. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
5. Add blueberries.
6. Mix lightly until it is just blended. This will make your muffins light and fluffy.
7. Put paper liners into a muffin tin.
8. Fill each cup 3/4 to the top with batter.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes until done.
10. Remove onto a cooling rack.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF, Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend, and Authentic Foods Multi Blend in this recipe. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the donut. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done baking. If you see batter or crumbs, the donuts need to bake longer.
- If you want your muffins to have a domed style top, bake at 425º F for the first 5 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350.
Serving: 1gCalories: 151kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 3gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 86mgPotassium: 70mgFiber: 2gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 221IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 37mgIron: 1mg