The Best Gluten Free Sugar Cookie recipe
An easy gluten free sugar cookie that is crispy on the edges and chewy in the middle.
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend * see note
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter * see note
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons course baking sugar optional
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
Add dry ingredients to a food processor. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture is crumbly.
Pour flour mixture into a bowl and add eggs, vanilla and water and mix well.
Wrap the dough ball in plastic and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Use a cookie scoop to drop balls of dough onto the cookie sheet.
Press down in the middle of each. Add a little of the course sugar to each center.
Bake for 12 minutes until done.
Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
- These cookies will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
- Feel free to decorate these cookies with sprinkles. You can sprinkle the dough balls, or mix sprinkles into the cookie dough before mixing. Make sure to use gluten free sprinkles brands.
Serving: 1gCalories: 160kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 2gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 71mgPotassium: 33mgFiber: 2gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 248IUCalcium: 26mgIron: 1mg