Everyone loves sprinkles. They add color and fun to everything you bake! What brands are gluten free sprinkles and where can you find them? Let's talk about decorating sprinkles so everyone can enjoy their baking and holiday baking safely!
If you are new to gluten free living, don't forget to check out all of my tips for gluten free living. This guide helps give you the information you need to succeed in gluten free living.
Are you just learning about gluten free ingredients, flour blends, etc? You will want to check out all of my great information on gluten free pantry essentials.
Are sprinkles gluten free?
I don't know about you, but when we went gluten free, I never gave a second thought to those colorful rainbow sprinkles. I assumed they were purely made from sugar and food coloring. I didn't think that some brands are made on shared equipment with wheat!
With the holidays approaching, I wanted to investigate what brands of Christmas and other confetti sprinkles are safe. Colored sprinkles made on shared equipment may be okay for many who are gluten sensitive or gluten intolerant, but they are definitely not Celiac safe.
One of the biggest questions I get asked is Are Wilton brand sprinkles gluten free? Unfortunately, the largest sprinkle manufacturer uses shared equipment. Many look at their labels and assume that Wilton sprinkles are okay, but they aren't if you are Celiac.
There are so many types of sprinkles. Sprinkles come in all shapes and sizes including round, flat and round, and in tiny stick shapes. You can also buy them in special shapes like stars, unicorns, balls, and holiday shapes!
Many are unique sprinkles shapes, while some are more common like funfetti!
What brands are gluten free?
- Sweetapolita Sprinkles come in lots of different color combinations and shapes. They have Jingles of Joy sprinkles, which are perfect for Christmas, plus lots of rainbows, and other holiday-themed sprinkles. Note these contain soy.
- Unpretentious Baker makes a few varieties of gluten free sprinkles for baking. They have packets of single color sprinkles, rainbow color combinations of sprinkles, and holiday sprinkles. Note this brand of sprinkles does contain soy.
- Supernatural Brand is perfect for anyone with intolerances to food coloring. They use all-natural non-toxic food colorings in their line of candy sprinkles. There are no preservatives or unnatural ingredients. Everything is food-based color. Their colors are not as vivid as brands that use chemical food dyes.
- A Great Surprise brand is another natural sprinkle that doesn't contain any preservatives or dyes. They are gluten free and vegan.
- Chef's Select, although they only carry rainbow sprinkles, has a certified gluten free sprinkle.
- ColorKitchen makes sprinkles that are also plant-based, vegan, and soy-free.
- Stoka Keto Sprinkles are gluten free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and vegan.
This is a nice long list and there are TONS of great options for you to choose from for all of your candy sprinkles needs.
Ways to use sprinkles:
Here are some of our favorite uses, including a few out of the box ways:
- First, the most obvious way to use sprinkles is to top frosting of cupcakes, cakes, and cookies.
- Mix the them into the cookie to make gluten free funfetti cookies.
- Decorate cakes like this gluten free vanilla cake with sprinkles.
- Add sprinkles to waffles for a colorful treat like these gluten free cake batter waffles.
- Make a piñata cake or cupcakes. You can fill the gluten free cupcake with sprinkles.
- You can chocolate dip cookies or gluten free biscotti and add sprinkles before the chocolate dries like in these gluten free butter cookies.