Pancakes are the ultimate all American breakfast. I curated the web for the 13 best gluten free pancake recipes out there so you can enjoy incredible tried and true pancakes any time!
I am really excited to share this list of gluten free pancake recipes with you. I have pancakes for everyone from gluten free, to dairy-free, vegan, and grain-free! Breakfast doesn't have to be boring! Even better, all of these pancakes are freezable so you can always have a ready made breakfast on hand.
Pancakes can be topped in so many ways. You can use chopped fruit, berries, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, nuts, and more!
Maple syrup is the most traditional of pancake toppings. Syrup can be maple or fruit-based syrup. Always verify that your syrup is gluten free with this gluten free pancake syrup list. I also share several homemade syrup recipes to try in that list.
I absolutely love my 12-inch cast iron skillet. I use it for pancakes, skillet cakes, and many of my dinner recipes. It is easy to clean, and perfectly non-stick!
What is the Best Pan to Make Pancakes?
- My all-time favorite pan to make pancakes in is a cast iron skillet. Pancakes are a breeze to flip, and clean up is so easy when you make them in a cast-iron skillet. I recommend using a 12-inch cast-iron skillet.
- Other skillets will also work well. If your pan is not non-stick, you will need to include oil, so your pancakes don't stick. I like these Green Pans because they do not have off-gas chemicals like other non-stick pans.
- My husband also loves using this griddle when making a lot of pancakes.
How Do You Store Pancakes?
The best way to store the leftover pancakes is in an airtight container in the fridge. They will keep fresh for up to 3 days.
The Best Way To Freeze Pancakes:
Freezing pancakes is easy. It is important to freeze pancakes that have cooled to room temperature. The main goal is to prevent them from freezing together as one. To help prevent the pancakes from sticking together, put a small piece of wax paper between each pancake. Place the pancakes in a freezer-safe zipper bag and put them into the freezer.
What is the Best Way to Reheat Pancakes?
I like to reheat my pancakes in three different ways.
- My favorite way to reheat pancakes is to pop them into the toaster. Heating them in the toaster keeps the outside crisp as if it were just cooked. It prevents the pancakes from getting hot and mushy. Toast them on a low setting.
- You can also reheat your pancakes in the air fryer. I heat my pancakes at 325º F for 4-5 minutes. (You will need longer if the pancakes are frozen.) Be sure not to overlap your pancakes so the air can circulate around each pancake.
- Lastly, and my least favorite, is the microwave oven. The microwave is good if you are in a hurry. Microwave the pancakes for 30-40 seconds, depending on how many pancakes you are heating and how large and thick they are.
Sides To Serve With Pancakes:
- Breakfast sausage - I like to use Aidelles or Applegate, but there are lots of good brands. Always check the labels to be sure the sausage is gluten free!
- Bacon - One of my personal favorite sides for pancakes, you can even have fun by making these Bacon Roses. They are like hash browns and bacon all in one.
- Fruit salad - Chop up melon and pineapple. Mix them together with other fresh fruits and berries. Drizzle with orange or lemon juice and a teaspoon of sugar.
- Hash browns - These hash browns waffles make a great side dish for pancakes!
The Best Gluten Free Pancake Recipes
Simplifying the art of baking and cooking gluten-free recipes.