If you love apple cider, this apple bourbon cocktail should go onto your happy hour drink list! Crisp apple flavor blends beautifully with bourbon, adds a hint of cinnamon, and you have the perfect fall cocktail!
Fall is all about warm flavors. Cinnamon, apple, and all things comfort. This apple bourbon cocktail recipe is delicious, served warm and cold! You can use fresh or store-bought cider, which makes it so easy.
We love the cooler fall weather!! Get ready for the weekend with these delicious Cocktail Recipes.
Why This Cocktail Is Great:
- It has incredible flavors; you can make it with only a few simple ingredients.
- Bourbon is gluten free. (But do read the label to be sure there are no added ingredients.)
- Serve it hot in a mug, straight up or over ice!
- Bourbon - I love the flavor of apple cider and bourbon, and it is my alcohol of choice for this recipe. It has a sweetly mellow flavor that works so well with the cinnamon and apple flavors.
- Apple cider - You can also use mulled apple cider. If you can't find cider or mulled cider, you can heat your apple juice with a cinnamon stick to get some of the flavors.
- Honey - I used this for the rim so the cinnamon sugar would stick. You do not have to use expensive honey. Just use an inexpensive wildflower or another honey type.
I admit I am partial to bourbon, and if you love bourbon as I do, you will want to try this Crushed Grape Bourbon Cocktail.
Recipe Step By Step Directions:
- Grab a shaker and fill it with ice.
- Pour the ingredients into the shaker. Close the lid and shake to blend them all together.
- Add honey to the rim. I recommend applying just a tiny bit of honey to the glass rim with a Q-tip.
- Next, roll the rim in a cinnamon sugar mixture. Pretty picture, or not so pretty, this apple bourbon cocktail recipe is so worth making!!
- Pour the drink into your glass and enjoy!
- If you want to drink this hot, add the ingredients to a sauce pan. Simmer for 15 minutes and serve in a mug.
If you aren't a bourbon drinker, you can use several different liquors in this cocktail. Some are better than others. Are you ready to try this Bourbon Apple Cider recipe?
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
The word cider is a little generic. For this cocktail, you want a cider made with crisp, slightly tart apples, if you can find that. My favorites are Gravenstein apple cider and Fuji apple cider. Fresh ciders from the farmer's market are especially good.
We love to spike our apple cider...here are some of our favorite liquors: dark rum, whiskey, vodka, and white run.
You can absolutely make this a frozen drink by adding it to a blender with ice! Blend it until smooth
This post was updated from an older October 2017 post with more detailed instructions.
Serve With These Appetizers:
What Alcohol Goes Best With Apple Cider?
- Rum works well with apple cider because it is on the sweeter side. You could even drizzle a little dark rum on top.
- Honey Liquor is really good if you want something different. I used honey liquor in these Honey Strawberry Gin Cocktails, which was delicious!
- Vodka will work in this cocktail, but it will not turn out as sweet.
- A cocktail shaker and strainer set makes chilling this cocktail a breeze!
- Your favorite bourbon!
Apple Bourbon Cocktail
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups apple cider
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Add all ingredients to an ice-filled shaker.
- Put on the lid and shake.
- Use the strainer to pour into two glasses.
- This bourbon apple cider cocktail can be served straight up or on the rocks.
- Optional, rub honey along the rim and dip into cinnamon sugar
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you find on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free gluten free lemon dessert e-cookbook!)