This easy gluten free tres leches cake recipe is a delicious dessert that you will want to make again and again. It is perfect for Cinco de Mayo or any occasion!
Creamy and full of flavor, you will want to make this simple three milk cake again and again! You can check out my favorite Cinco de Mayo recipes for even more ideas :-).
Gluten Free Tres Leches Cake
Have you tried tres leches cake before? This gluten free coconut tres leches cake recipe is worth making!
This Spanish cake is similar in making to tiramisu cake. You soak the cake in three different kinds of milk, making it rich and very creamy.
If you have wondered how to make a tres leches cake, you will find this recipe from Chef Kzaz is very easy to follow.
*Note: Former Executive, Chef Tony Kzaz, from the Level Two Steakhouse in the Oakland Marriott, created this dish with his gluten free diners in mind. I was sad to hear that this chef no longer works for Level Two because he was so innovative in his gluten free recipe creation.
Many people call this cake a 3 milk cake. This gluten free milk cake recipe is a delicious cake to make any time. This recipe makes individual cakes like in this recipe, or make one large cake for a crowd.
This cake is perfect for Cinco de Mayo celebrations, birthday parties, or anytime you would enjoy a festive cake. You can also try this delicious Gluten Free Butternut Squash Caramel Cake or this easy Turkish Fig Yogurt Cake.
More Fun Gluten Free Recipes to Celebrate Cinco de Mayo With:
- Mexican Style Chicken Soup
- Ground Turkey Chili Shakshuka
- Prickly Pear Margaritas
- Duck Tacos with Cherries Orange Salsa
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need to Make This Three Milk Cake Recipe:
- My very favorite gluten free flour blend.
- These mini springform pans would be great to make this recipe in so you can get them out of the molds easily.
How to make a coconut tres leches cake:
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon baking powder sifted
- 1 cup of quinoa flour or gluten free all-purpose flour sifted
- Gluten free Cooking spray
- 15 ounce can cream of coconut
- 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 14 ounce heavy manufacturing cream
- Heat sweetened coconut milk until melted. Add coconut milk and heavy cream and heat until simmering (do not boil). Set aside until ready to use.
- For the cake batter, place eggs, sugar, vanilla and water in the bowl of electric mixer fitted with a whip attachment. Whip on high speed until tripled in volume or ribbon stage. Sift flour and baking powder together. Using a whip, fold flour mixture into egg mixture until smooth.
- Wrap the bottom of each ring mold with a piece of aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray. Fill each mold 3/4 full and bake on a sheet pan at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. Cakes should rise and fall when cooked. Using a fork, poke a few holes in the top of each cake then ladle 6 to 8 ounces of coconut milk on top of each cake cake should absorb all the milk add more milk if necessary . Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to plate, carefully remove foil while tilting cake slightly sideways without letting it slide out. Slide it onto a plate and remove the ring mold garnish with whipped cream, toasted coconut and your favorite fruit sauce with berries. Makes five to six individual cakes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 655 Saturated Fat: 39g Cholesterol: 170mg Sodium: 73mg Carbohydrates: 42g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 26g Protein: 9g
More Yummy Gluten Free Cake Recipes to try!