Are you looking for a light and fluffy paleo strawberry muffin recipe? I have finally worked out a flour combination to make the best healthy strawberry muffins!
Grab some cassava flour and tigernut flour, you won’t believe how easy this muffin recipe is to make!
I have been experimenting quite a bit with alternative flours lately. Have you tried cassava or tigernut flours yet?
We are trying to go more grain free, refined sugar-free, and I am sure you can imagine the chemistry experiments needed to make sure all ingredients work properly together. Nothing like combining fun new flours to make you realize how hard gluten free and paleo baking can be!
Luckily for all of us, this easy paleo strawberry muffin recipe tastes AMAZING. It took about three tries to get it right.
Cassava Flour vs Tapioca Starch
Cassava flour is made from the yucca root vegetable. Cassava is different from tapioca flour as cassava is made with the vegetable and not the roots. Tapioca starch is actually extracted from the cassava roots.
Both are very high in starch and have very little nutritional value. What I love about these both is that they help make your gluten free baking light and fluffy!
Tigernut flour is much more nutritious than cassava flour, which is why I decided to mix the two for this recipe. Almond flour can be a bit inflammatory, even if you are not sensitive to nuts, so I wanted to create a recipe without almond flour.
Tigernut flour is high in fiber, iron, potassium, protein, magnesium, zinc, and vitamins E and C. They give these muffins a nice little nutritional boost.
If you are looking for more paleo recipes, try some of these recipes out:
- Paleo Breakfast Muffins
- Paleo Pear Muffins
- Grain-free Almond Linzer Cookies
- Paleo Apple Cinnamon Donuts
Substitutions and Variations of this Recipe
Feel free to change things up in this recipe! Here are a few ideas:
- Add nuts. This is a sure way to add some crunch and protein.
- Switch up the fruit. Try blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries.
- Use blond coconut sugar instead of brown for a lighter color.
- Check out some of my kids’ favorite gluten free muffins.
Shopping List for this recipe:
How to make this paleo strawberry muffin recipe:
First, add the dry ingredients to a bowl. Whisk to blend. In another bowl, add the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, add the strawberries, and mix lightly.
TIP: Don’t overmix your muffin batter. Mixing too much will prevent your muffins from being light and fluffy!
Use paper liners and drop one into each cup section in your muffin tin. Fill 3/4 to the top with the muffin batter. Bake at 350 degrees.
Remove the muffins from the oven. Take out each muffin and put it onto a cooling rack to cool.
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need to Make This Recipe:
- A muffin tin.
- These parchment paper muffin tin liners are amazing because the muffins don’t stick to the paper.
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup tigernut flour
- 1/3 cup cassava flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons flaxmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 2 bananas , smashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a medium bowl, add the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and add the strawberries.
- Mix gently. Don't overmix the batter.
- Line a muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
- Fill each muffin liner 3/4 to the top with muffin batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until done.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 161 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 28mg Sodium: 36mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 10g Protein: 2g
More Yummy Gluten Free Recipes to Try!