If you love donuts, but want a healthier version that doesn’t give up flavor, these paleo apple cinnamon donuts with a honey nectar drizzle are perfect for you.
(This post was sponsored by Truvia, but all opinions are my own.)
No Guilt Donuts for Breakfast
Today we are having gluten free apple donuts for breakfast and we have NO guilt!
You heard that correctly.
My kids are so excited we are breaking the rules today. Breakfast needs to be fun, but my biggest rule is that breakfast must have protein and not too much sugar. Nothing is worse than sitting through your first class and your tummy starts to rumble.
These easy gluten free apple cinnamon donuts follow all of my rules :-).
I love that these paleo donuts are made with all the healthy stuff….almond flour, cassava flour, egg, almond milk…and they are sweetened with Truvia® Nectar. Use it anywhere you would use honey! This nectar has 50% less calories than sugar!
Have you tried stevia leaf? Truvia® Nectar is made with stevia leaf extract, the sweetest part of the stevia leaf. This nectar is ideal for use in foods and beverages where honey sweetness is desired with fewer calories.
You can use it anywhere honey is used, including hot and cold beverages, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, baked goods, sauces and dressings and more!
And aren’t these gluten free donuts worth it?
How To Make Paleo Donuts:
Mix my dry ingredients and wet ingredients up separately.
The batter should be a little thick, but not too thick.
More Delicious Gluten Free Donut Recipes To Try:
- Gluten Free Lemon Donuts
- Gluten Free Chocolate Donuts
- Gluten Free Banana Donuts (aka Chunky Monkey!)
- Gluten Free Breakfast Donuts
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- dash salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 chopped apple, peeled first
- 1/4 cup Truvia Nectar, more used if you want a drizzle
- Preheat the BabyCakes Donut maker, or your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk all wet ingredients together.
- Take a large bowl, add all dry ingredients. Whisk to blend.
- Pour the web ingredients into the dry ingredients and add apple.
- Mix well.
- Add to sections of the donut maker or pan and cook 4 minutes in the donut maker, or until done in the oven. (*Please note, I am not listing cook time for using the oven. Many people have a mini donut pan, but most use a large donut pan and the cooking times vary between donut size.)
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 122 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 27mg Sodium: 115mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g
More Yummy Gluten Free Recipes to Try!