If you are into easy breakfast ideas, you can't go wrong with these easy pumpkin spice overnight oats parfaits. Loaded with gluten free whole rolled oats and chia seeds, it makes a healthy breakfast.
They are also a meal prepper's dream! Full of fall flavors you love, this pumpkin spice overnight oats without pumpkin puree recipe is hands down a winner!
We are huge chia pudding fans and this pumpkin spice overnight oats recipe is like a marriage between chia pudding and overnight oats. The chia seeds add a protein boost to help get you through your day while the gluten free whole rolled oats give it more substance.
Add in thick creamy Greek yogurt and you get a fun gluten free breakfast parfait the whole family will love!
Why this recipe is great:
This recipe is great because not only is it full of delicious fall flavors, but it is made for meal prep. You can make it in bulk, adapt it to avoid any allergen, and customize it to make it exactly how you like it! This recipe is gluten free and egg free, vegan, dairy free, and it makes a delicious healthy breakfast.
Why you use certified gluten free oats:
If you are Celiac or gluten sensitive, look for certified gluten free oats. Oats are typically grown next to wheat fields and so gluten free oats are critical if you are Celiac. Gluten free oats are protected so that they stay safe from contamination.
When you are gluten free, it is really important to eat certified gluten free oats. It isn't that regular oats contain gluten, but most oats have gluten due to cross-contamination.
If you are new to gluten free living, this easy guide can help you learn a lot about how to be gluten free! If you love overnight oats, you will also want to try my Gluten Free Apple Crisp Overnight Oatmeal.
What you need to make this:
- Certified gluten free whole rolled oats - again, make sure the package says they are certified gluten free. Do not use quick oats.
- Chia seeds - you can use white or black chia seeds, just do not use crushed chia seeds.
- Non-dairy milk - any will work. Pick your favorite.
- Greek yogurt - you can substitute non-dairy yogurt to keep this recipe vegan.
- Coconut sugar - you can also use maple syrup, honey, or brown sugar.
- Pumpkin spice - you can use a pre-made mix, or combine ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Nuts/raisins/bananas or any other garnishes you like.
Recipe Step by Step Directions:
Step 1: Put all of the ingredients into a sealable container. You can use a glass storage container or even a mason jar!
Step 2: Mix it all together and seal it. Put it in the refrigerator overnight and wake to a delicious fall flavored breakfast!
This overnight oats with chia seeds recipe is so easy to meal prep. You can meal prep this pumpkin spice overnight oats two ways:
- You can make a big batch without the liquid ingredients and store it in an air-tight container. It should keep up to a month. Add some to a smaller container with the liquid ingredients when you want to make it.
- You can make several air-tight containers of this recipe with the liquid ingredients and store them in your refrigerator for up to 4 days. I love to use small mason jars to do this.
Expert Tips and Recipe FAQ:
I do not recommend using quick oats for this recipe because they will turn to mush!
Yes, you can definitely omit the oats and just make this a pumpkin spice chia pudding. Use 3 tablespoons chia seeds to 1 cup milk. The seasonings will remain the same.
You can make this without the chia seeds. Just add another ½ cup of gluten free rolled oats.
The overnight oats will keep up to 3 days in the refrigerator if you mix it all up with milk. If you just mix the dry ingredients, you can store those in an air-tight container in the pantry for 1 month.
You can add all sorts of fun things to this pumpkin spice overnight oats recipe. Here are some of our favorites:
- Mini chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
- Chopped pecans or slivered almonds
- Banana slices
- Drizzle peanut butter over the top
If oats cause a reaction for you, you can easily skip the oats! I have some great chia pudding recipes on the blog including Matcha Green Tea Chia Pudding and Vanilla Chia Pudding that you can also try!
Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats
- 1 cup whole rolled oats *see note
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 ¾ cups non-dairy milk *see note
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar *see note
- 1 cup Greek yogurt For layering in the parfait glass.
- Add all of the ingredients to an air-tight container.
- Mix the ingredients and seal the container.
- Put it into the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Optional...eat as is or in the morning, put Greek yogurt into a glass or bowl. Add the pumpkin spice overnight oats on top. Enjoy!
- It is critical to use certified gluten free oats if you are Celiac. Cross-contamination runs high in regular oats.
- You can use any type of non-dairy milk or regular milk in this recipe.
- I like to use coconut sugar, but you can also use brown sugar or maple syrup to sweeten these overnight oats.
- To make this without chia seeds, add another ½ cup of oats.
- To make this as straight chia pudding, use 3 tablespoons chia pudding to 1 cup milk.
- Quick oats will not work in this recipe because they will turn to mush.
- This overnight oats recipe will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)