Today I am sharing my very favorite go-to chicken salad recipe. This gluten free curry chicken salad recipe is a take from a chicken salad I bought at Whole Foods many years ago. Big juicy grapes are just one of the delicious ingredients. This salad makes the perfect gluten free curry chicken salad sandwich!!
(*This post was sponsored by Franz Gluten Free Breads. All opinions are my own.)
I discovered this salad many years ago while we were living in Austin, Texas. I worked near a Whole Foods Market and this was a salad they often had in their prepared meal section. It was the perfect lunch on the go.
This chicken salad recipe hits all of the criteria on my list: it is quick and easy to make, and it tastes great.
Franz Bakery has been making incredible gluten free bread, buns, and bagels since 2012. They use a dedicated gluten free facility. Some of my favorites include their Mountain White, Cinnamon Raisin, their bagels, and this Great Seed bread.
One of the things I love about Franz gluten free bread is that it is shelf-stable until you open it. They use a special vacuum sealing to protect the bread and keep it fresh without needing to be frozen.
I have been working with Franz Bakery for well over a year and I have created many delicious gluten free recipes all of their varieties of gluten free bread. If you love soft gluten free bread that tastes just like regular bread (the ones you ate before you had to go gluten free), you are going to LOVE Franz bread!!
Take it on a picnic, for lunch, or pack it in a school lunchbox. Everyone will love the flavors in every bite! If you love chicken as much as we do, don't forget to check out my best gluten free chicken recipes!
Ways to enjoy this salad
- Pot lucks
You can use any vegetables you like in this salad. The mild curry flavor won't overpower this salad.
Are you ready to give this easy curry chicken salad recipe a try?
Recipe step by step directions:
Step 1: Take your cooked chicken and chop it into bite-sized pieces. Add the chicken, black grapes, pecans, and scallions to a large bowl.
Step 2: Add the mayonnaise (or vegan mayonnaise), curry powder, and salt. Mix well until all of the ingredients are coated.
Step 3: Your salad is now ready for eating. I recommend refrigerating the salad for 15-30 minutes so the flavors absorb into the chicken.
Types of chicken to use for this salad recipe:
For this recipe, you can use either chopped chicken breast or thighs. You can cook your chicken in several ways:
- Boil or poach the chicken
- Bake the chicken
- Use leftover rotisserie chicken
*TIP: Make sure your chicken is cooled before adding the curry dressing.
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
You can definitely omit the curry powder in this recipe. If you do, you will want to add celery salt or something to give it additional flavor.
This chicken salad will last 3-4 days in an air-tight container in your refrigerator
I would not freeze this chicken salad because it will make the consistency and flavor off, but you can freeze the chopped chicken, scallions, and grapes and then add the dressing when you defrost it.
You can easily make this salad nut-free by omitting the pecans.
More recipes with Franz Bread:
- Gluten Free Blueberry French Toast Muffins - Featuring their gluten free blueberry bread.
- Gluten Free French Toast Cheesecake - Who says you can't have dessert for breakfast?
- Easy Ricotta and Strawberry Stuffed French Toast - Because it is that good!
- Roasted Acorn Squash Soup with Homemade Gluten Free Croutons
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Easy Curry Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup grapes cut in half
- 2 Persian cucumbers chopped
- 2 scallions chopped
- ¼ cup pecans
- ½ cup organic mayonnaise or mayo substitute
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt to taste
- Fill a medium-sized pot halfway with water and add chicken breasts.
- Bring to boil and cook chicken until done about 10-15 minutes. (You can cut into the chicken to make sure it is done in the middle.
- When the chicken has cooled down, cut into bite-sized pieces and allow it to cool.
- Chop all vegetables and grapes.
- Put all vegetables, grapes, spices, and chicken into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix mayo, vinegar, and spices. Mix well.
- Add dressing to the large bowl ingredients and toss to coat.
- Serve chilled
- I use chicken breasts in my recipe, but feel free to use another cut of chicken, or use leftover chicken.
- Use green or purple grapes.
- This chicken salad will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)