This dairy free, gluten free strawberry scone recipe is loaded with fresh strawberries. This simple scone recipe is easy to make.
I included a recipe tutorial video for you so you can follow along to make your own strawberry scones.
More Yummy Gluten Free Scones
These easy gluten free and dairy free homemade strawberry scones are a delicious treat for breakfast, or a snack. We make a lot of scones in our house :-). You can enjoy sweet scones like these Gluten Free Coconut, Date and Pecan Scones, or savory like these Gluten Free Fontina Cheese Herb Scones.
You can also check out these amazing sweet and savory scone recipes!
Check out this video and see how easy this scone recipe is to make from scratch in your own kitchen!
Spring is prime strawberry season here in the Bay Area and big, local strawberries are EVERYWHERE! There is even a man on the corner of our street selling big crates of strawberries. (I wish the ones he sold were organic, but unfortunately, they are not.)
Once we get strawberries, the pressure is on to use these strawberries up as fast as we can because these only stay fresh for a couple of days.
I tend to freeze the extras because they are also very good in our morning smoothies. (To freeze strawberries is simple, I wash the berries and then set them out on a towel to dry. When they have dried off, I take off the green top and toss them into a large freezer bag.)
I don’t know about your mornings, but ours are crazy hectic.
We have kids running around, trying to get ready for school as quickly as they can because they slept in longer than they should have. Every morning is the same. I wake them up for school at 7:00 am, only to see them lay in bed for another 20 minutes. I open their blinds so the sunlight hits their sleepy faces at just the right angle, pull their covers off, and talk loudly. Nothing seems to work.
Because of our morning rush, the kids often run out the door with only a few bites of breakfast. I am always trying to create healthy “grab and go” breakfast for my kids so I know they start their day out right.
Gluten Free Scones
A scone is a delicious little quick bread that originated in England. Scones were enjoyed at afternoon tea. Our family loves to eat scones for breakfast.
Scones can come in sweet or savory. You can mix up any combination and just toss them into the batter. What are your favorite things to put in scones?
To make gluten free scones, you should have all of the ingredients in your pantry. Gluten free flour, baking powder and soda, butter or coconut oil, fillings…you can make your scones plain, or add fruit, nuts, or anything you like.
Steps to make these gluten free strawberry scones:
Add your dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend.
Use a pastry blender to cut in the cold butter chunks.
Whisk together the wet ingredients until well blended.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dark ingredients and mix well.
Add the scone batter to a scone baking pan. If you don’t have a scone baking pan, you can make your scones easily by following the directions in this gluten free pecan scones recipe.
Bake at 350F degrees for 20-25 minutes until done.
More delicious gluten free scone recipes to try:
- Gluten Free Maple Bacon Scones
- Gluten Free Fontina Cheese Herb Scones
- Gluten Free Eggnog Chocolate Chip Scones
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Tools You Need To Make This Recipe:
- A mini scone pan. This pan makes your scones all the same size.
- My very favorite gluten free flour blend.
- Almond flour that is super finely ground.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar, for glaze
- 2 tablespoons water, (you may need to add more powdered sugar if you want a thicker glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Use coconut oil to spray a baking dish. I used a scone pan, but you can use a round cake pan as a substitute to make these scones.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a medium bowl, blend all wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and blend until mixed.
- Add strawberries and blend.
- Spray a scone pan with coconut oil and fill each section with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the scones are golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: g
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 155 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 27mg Sodium: 85mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Protein: 3g
More Gluten Free Scone Recipes to Try!