If you love matcha, these moist mini gluten free matcha green tea cakes are full of matcha flavor.
You will love eating these bundt cakes. Check out the easy to follow video below that shows you how easy this gluten free bundt cake recipe is to make.
Lots of Matcha Desserts!
Are you ready for a fancy dessert? Mr. Fearless Dining and I love matcha green tea. You have seen it in a few recipes on my blog like this Gluten Free Matcha Green Tea Banana Bread and these cute Gluten Free Matcha Green Tea Madeleines. We love the flavor and even the funny vibrant green color! You can see in the picture how light and fluffy these matcha cakes are!
Here is a quick video that shows you step by step how to make this delicious gluten free dessert.
I have slowly been working on improving my videos. I hope you like this one…it is hopefully the last video I make with iMovie. I finally splurged a little on Adobe’s Premiere Pro. There are so many great video editing tools in this software. One thing I need to work on is lighting for videos.
Matcha Green Tea Powder
I have been adding matcha green tea powder to all sorts of desserts that I have baked over the past year. It is so good in this easy gluten free matcha cake recipe.
If you have wondered how to use matcha in your baking and cooking, it is important to know that matcha comes in many grades of quality. There are several ceremonial varieties of matcha, and even culinary grade matcha. Ceremonial green tea is the highest quality matcha and it is preferred for the tea ceremony.
Culinary grade matcha is a little less defined as it is a newer term. I have experimented with both and I have found the culinary matcha is ground very fine. I highly recommend using a culinary grade matcha powder because it ensures your baking is not grainy!
You can buy matcha online, or even at your local grocery store.
(**Note, read the label when purchasing matcha green tea. Trader Joe’s matcha is NOT gluten free!!)
What is Matcha Cake?
Matcha cake is a fluffy dessert cake that is made with matcha green tea. The color can be surprising, but the flavor is so worth making. I can’t wait for you to try this green tea cake. For some reason, green tea gives dessert a tropical feel to me. Matcha desserts are becoming more and more popular as more people discover matcha.
More Delicious Gluten Free Matcha Recipes to Try!
- Gluten Free Matcha Green Tea Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Baked Matcha Donuts
- Matcha Green Tea Chia Pudding
- Matcha Green Tea Mochi
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- Either cute little mini bundt pans, or a large bundt pan.
- My favorite gluten free flour blend makes this cake turn out so moist and delicious.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk, (or milk substitute)
- 12 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add all of the wet ingredients and whisk well.
- In a large bowl add all of the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Spray coconut oil in mini bundt pans.
- Pour the batter into each pan, filling 3/4 to the top. (These do rise a little bit as they get light and fluffy.)
- Bake until you can insert a tooth pick and it comes out clean. (Mine took about 22 minutes).
- Carefully remove from the pans onto a cooling rack. Drizzle icing if you like. (I used Wilton cookie icing for this.)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 489 Saturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 145mg Sodium: 294mg Carbohydrates: 65g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 44g Protein: 7g