If you love banana and nuts, these gluten free banana nut butter oat chocolate chip cookies are going to become your favorite :-).
I am all about high protein, delicious moist cookies lately. Cookies that are so full of delicious good for you ingredients, you can eat them for breakfast.
Cookies for breakfast??
You heard that right. There is no guilt in enjoying these cookies!
(*This post was sponsored by LÄRA Nut Butters. All delicious nutty opinions are my own.)
OMG!! LÄRA has a new product coming out and I think you are going to LOVE it. They created both a banana nut butter and get this…chocolate nut butter!! I can just see my family digging spoons into these jars.
This is big news from LÄRA, who is already famous for their incredible gluten free energy bars. Those bars go into my kids’ lunch boxes every day. They make the perfect snack to eat while going between classes.
And…as typical in a nut butter loving household, I had to put a BIG sign on my jar. You may be laughing, but you know Mr. Fearless Dining! He and my son would have devoured the jar before I could create something delicious!
These nut butters will be available exclusively in Costco stores in the Bay Area and the Northeast. (Sorry to the rest of my wonderful readers…I hope LÄRA expands to your area soon!!)
You will love how easy it is to incorporate this nut butter into this cookie recipe!
Mix the dry ingredients into a bowl.
Mix up the wet ingredients in a small bowl. Add to the dry ingredients and mix.
You can see the consistency of the batter here.
Put on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake on 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- 1 cup LÄRA banana nut butter
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash salt
- 1 cup oats
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to blend. (*Note, if your gluten free flour blend doesn't have xanthan gum, add 1 teaspoon.)
- In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Put a piece of parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and drop cookie scoops full of batter onto the sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove and move cookies to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 236 Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 33mg Sodium: 106mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 9g Protein: 6g